for December, 2015
Even though your moving date may be months away, it is possible that you picked a crappy week to move. The end of the month is when everyone needs a truck or needs to move. Combine that with the fact that it’s also right around Labor Day weekend or any other holiday and that means that they can charge more because they know you need to move. For moving trucks, essentially, an algorithm chooses the price of a truck. And just like airline tickets, it has nothing to do with rate quotes in ads and it’s entirely possible you’ll pay a different price for the same company in the same city at different times of the year.
It’s obvious when you think about it, but how often do any of us actually think about it? That’s why we at Advanced Moving Company will always give you the best quote for your move in the San Antonio area even though your moving date may be months away.
A few quick tips for good deals on movers in Central Texas
– You should start getting recommendations for moving companies from friends or colleagues once you have a list of recommendations. Call each one to get an estimate of how much your move will cost. You’ll have to provide them with the number of miles involved in the move and the approximate weight of your belongings. The mover will help you in making this estimate.
– Movers typically charge extra for flights of stairs, heavy items, pianos and other special items. Be aware of the fact that having the movers pack for you increases your moving bill by about 30 percent.
– Be careful with movers whose estimate seems too low. The services provided may be second rate and you could end up having your items delayed or even lost.
– If your move is job-related, find out whether your employer will reimburse you for part of the cost.
– Save any receipts relating to the move since part of the cost will be deductible on your taxes when you file.
– Get a change of address kit from the post office and begin notifying people of your impending change of address.
– Call your insurance agent and take care of transferring homeowner’s insurance to your new home. You will need to notify credit card companies, banks, and other financial institutions directly.